add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 10 audio issues

Sjk20
  • 58 months ago

Just upgrades to Windows 10 from 8.1 and i'm getting no audio. I've gone into the mixer and it shows that the audio is working but i'm not hearing anything, i have tried on multiple working headsets. Any help is appreciated!

Edit: Alright I tried a new technique that worked for me and can hopefully help anyone else that is having this problem. I went into my device manager and and right clicked ont he speakers (via hd audio) and uninstalled it. After that I clicked the scan for changes button at the top and restarted my computer.

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

makes sense. must mean the old driver was not compatible with 10, but new drivers were available.

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

Just upgrades to Windows 10 from 8.1 and i'm getting no audio.

also it is highly recommended to do a clean installation of windows 10, I had some issues that were solved with a cclean installation.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

ya, my laptop made the jump flawlessly from 8.1 to 10, but my desktop wont be doing it for a while yet (7 ultimate to 10 pro) just because of those little issues.... WAY too many odd drivers and such to deal with on my main rig. i want it as smooth a transition as possible and need the time for a full wipe and rebuild of my app libraries (so many games installed... to other drives, so it just takes steam time to recognize and fix most, and i have to manually move many save files for the non cloud saved games)

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

My only problem with the the upgrade was my Asus motherboard drivers had to be updated (LAN, audio).

I should have checked into that first because I was without internet or sound after the final install. After that it was smooth sailing.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube