add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need a Psu for my build

ItzBrandonn
  • 56 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ItzBrandonn/saved/#view=RYWLrH

I don't plan on adding another Gpu and I do plan on overclocking budget is $90

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

for not planning to add another gpu or overclock you sure are going pretty far on the cooling for the case and cpu. don't know if the issues with that motherboard have been ironed out, I should hope so by now. the EVGA 550 G2 would be perfect.

edit: looks like you're going for the same type of front intake setup I have in mine, two 140's (correct me if I'm wrong in thinking this) so I advise dropping the NZXT 140mm fans and getting another phanteks 140SP as they perform considerably better and run quieter. the case comes with one mounted in the top, move that to the front intake. the 120mm fan is fine for bottom intake or the hard drive cage.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

What was wrong with the board?

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

it has/had a catasrophic power failure issue, fairly widespread. most reviews of the product on major stores are bad:

lots of boards dying. to my knowledge asrock has not acknowledged ofr fixed whatever the issue is. I would not gamble on this motherboard.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

What kind of motherboard would you suggest? The colors need to match my build so i would like blue/black or black. my budget for a motherboard is $130.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

there's the extreme 3 version. one caveat being it's not full atx width and may look a bit odd in the case.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh ok

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright thanks.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

you're welcome.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Choose this tier 1 PSU http://i.imgur.com/tgrbCnr.jpg

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube