add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HAF x to Corsair 750D

aceridgey

52 months ago

Hi guys,

I have a HAF X case with 2500k and numerous hdd and ssd.

I am building a new pc and I will be bringing across the card and dvd drive. The Corsair 750d looks smart.

The HAF is a little bit damaged from the front panal (USB sockets have been damaged with knocking into leads etc) I thought it was possible to replace the top from the coolermaster europe site, but it's been out of stock for ages,

The other concern is I am nervous that with a completely new build, I would be missing key screws, or leads or connectors etc and starting fresh seems more appealing. But it is £106 thrown to the wind.

Thoughts?

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

the 750D has more hard drive mounting capabilities and is a bit more flexible with the internal layout. it's not all positive as the air intake in front is terrible, you'll notice it, and it can't mount 200mm fans at all.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your comment. What case do you recommend ?

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

the 750D isn't bad if you don't need 200mm fans. just get the "high airflow" front panel on corsair's website if it's in stock. the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe is another good case around the same price as the 750D. I really need to know what hardware you're going to be using to make a recommendation though.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi, Undecided on Processor, either Skylake z170 or Haswell e x99. GTX980ti 3 - 4 SSD's Possible soundcard. 750 PSU

I also like the look of the NZXT H440,

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair 750D iss great, but like PureBlackFire said, it has a bad fron intake. Corsair listened though and they made a 750D airflow edition, with the only change being the front intake, so its not a solid front panel, its an actual good dustfilter and front panel that allows for a good front intake. Its the same price as the 750D, so I would check that out.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

from what I can find that version is $175-$185, around $35-$40 more than the 750D commonly sells for. and it comes with the weaker blue LED AF fans. one may as well get the front panel for $15 on Corsair's website.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

oh wait i was looking at corsairs website where both cases are 179 bucks. yeah your right!

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

yea, it's crazy how much extra it costs, or that they even bothered with a re-release based on a few people liking the way the corsair rep's build looked.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube