add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
simple93

54 months ago

hi my rig: amd fx8320 8GB RAM NORMAL NO GAMING OR GAMING BRAND 500GB NORMAL HARDDRIVE gigabyte ga-78lmt-usb3 old gpu: palit gtx560ti new gpu: evga gtx760SC PSU: powercool x-viper 650w http://www.amazon.co.uk/Powercool-X-Viper-Bronze-Active-Single/dp/B009Q1EAIC

im recently having low fps than i should have in csgo i have no idea why and its a drop i used to have 300 stable with my old gpu, but i dunno when exactly but recently been having very bad fps such as 220 and lower in shooting etc and just not smooth gameplay, it also gives me exactly same fps performance in my new gpu the gtx760 which is really weird and i dont know the problem is, i tried to clean gpu, cpu cooler, even open the lid of case and turn on a fan direct to the whole motherboard still same performance something in the hardware is wrong some say to me its the psu some say software problems some say heat i have no idea what it could be or how to fix

thanks

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

Not sure on how good that PSU is, but make sure the power connectors to the GPU are plugged in from the PSU. Also, make sure the GPU is installed in the right PCIe slot. Check to make sure you have the latest drivers for it as well.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

ive checked everything and i recently formatted couple of days ago a mate of mine told me it could be the windows files etc, but after format on old gpu still same, and with new gpu same fps, rams are fine, i tested them individually, only problem could be psu, mobo, or cpu any ideas ?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

What resouliton are you playing at? Also, it may sound stupid, but make sure the video cable plugging into your monitor is plugged into the GPU, and not the motherboard video port. This happens more than you think. There was a guy on here who's friend did this for almost a year before he realized it. Try turning on v-sync in the game settings to see if that helps. Might be that the FPS is so much higher than the refresh rate of your monitor that you are experiencing tearing and/or artifacting.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for replying. well i got 144hz monitor, resolution 4:3 (black bars) 1280x960 its same on most fps and 2 different gpu, some people from overclock.net suggested a new motherboard.... not sure tbh

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Might be the CPU. I remembered reading you have to overclock most AMD cpu's to get the full performance of a GPU, but this was for the better gtx 970 and 980 cards. Not sure how the gtx 760 compares.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube