add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Concerns for Fractal R5

fullmetalmage

52 months ago

Hey guys,

In a few weeks I'll have the money and be able to order parts for my first build, and I'd like to see who here has the Fractal R5 because I have some concerns for it:

1. I'm planning on overclocking this system and installing an AIO (Corsair H100i), and one thing I noticed while watching videos reviews is that, the R5 doesn't have any dust filters if you decide to leave the panels open. Does anyone leave their top panels open (with fan cooling or AIO on the top, regardless) and finds that dust accumulates there easily? I found this dust filter kit on Demcifilter and I'm thinking about getting it as well.

2. Does anyone use push-pull configurations in their builds for this case? I'd like to get your feedback and experience with it, as it seems to be the most favorable configuration, and I've seen setups with 2 fans on each side of the H100i radiator to push pull out of the top.

3. Any real issues at all with the case? seems like theres overwhelming praise for it, and it seems almost perfect to me besides the no dust filter for the top, and a nitpicky detail with installing optical drives making it look a bit non-uniform.

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

I think the reason why there is no filter on the top is that it is meant to be closed (for silence and some dust reduction), or a exhaust that doesn't absolutely need a filter. That kit your looking at seems like a complete kit for every single opening... may be some overkill.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

If anything, I'd just get the one for the top they sell- I agree the complete one might really be overkill. I'm just looking to see if anyone else has similar ideas/built like I will. I don't mind it having a tiny bit of noise, as I'm getting the windowed version anyway

• 52 months ago
  • 0 points

Thanks for that site, now I don't have to make my own ghetto dust filter. Also don't use a H100i with that case, you will be defeating the main purpose of it, a quiet build.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube