add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fractal Design Define R5 or Define S?

west_shor

52 months ago

Trying to decide between the R5 and S cases. For the most part, I think the S would be better suited to my needs, as I can't imagine ever needing more than 5 drives, and I have no desire for an ODD. Plus, it's currently around ~$30 cheaper than the R5. However, I have no interest or desire to do water cooling and it seems like a waste to get a case specifically designed around a feature I don't want or need. And, on the shallow aesthetic side, I prefer the door mechanism of the R5 front panel to the sold pop-off plastic panel of the S.

So. Is the Define S still a good buy if you don't ever plan to do any water cooling?

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

So. Is the Define S still a good buy if you don't ever plan to do any water cooling?

yes... I don't see a reason why not..

look on product page, eventhough it offers great water cooling support, you can also use fans on those locations

Innovative internal layout, providing a perfectly straight airflow path to the CPU heatsink for air cooling set ups or extensive radiator mounting possibilities for water cooling set ups

The R5 is probably the best silent case right now IMO, if that matters and is the better of the two if you don't care spending the extra cash. Check this 2 videos which might help you make your decision.. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRZIdbdcIiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaU72f0hMVo

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube