add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

search for an attractive case...

usmc0811

76 months ago

I have been looking at hundreds of cases. All the same concepts, plastic and metal lights and fans. I have this idea in my head of a case; maybe cube shaped square edges. I see that lined in a nice stained wood or something that looks like furniture on the outside. the inside would be shielded because its just a basic metal blow hole. then any type of cover could be added to the outside; example brass mesh fan covers or brushed nickel. mod buttons, steam punk stuff.

Is this something I just have to build for myself? Has anyone seen something for sale that doesn't look like the standard case? I've seen pictures of beautiful cases with bamboo shells. They all seem to be posted as just pieces of art by an artist not for sale. Why has no one marketed a nice elegant case that looks different than techie ones?

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Well for one that would probably be pretty expensive and harder to work in. You'll have to build something like that for yourself, my man.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

The techie ones are easier to manufacture and keep the price tag down. No standard pc builder would spend more than 200 on a case unless they're going extreme.

Like gseyffert said, you're better off building your own case. You can ask for mod(ification) help on overclock.net

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

ya I guess, I figured if they are nice you could always keep updating the inside and it could be used over and over if they had room. and a flip lid or removable panels. people pay for antiques all the time why not have one that's useful. thanks for the advise.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Wood would probably insulate it more so it's not practical. Doesn't mean you can't make one but you might need more cooling.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube