add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cooler Master RC-1200-KKN1 - Cosmos II Ultra Side fan trouble

karribu

52 months ago

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a Cooler Master RC-1200-KKN1 - Cosmos II Ultra, and as I have seen in videos you can take the two fans from the bottom bay that cool the second lot of HDD's and mount the fans on the side to cool the GPU instead.

Problem is there doesn't seem to be any threads in the fan cases to screw them, It actually looks like there should be rubber plugs but I haven't got any in the box.

Has anyone got any experience with this???

2nd question - Would It be ok to fix these fans with sticky fixers?? Where I work they have square pads of double sided sticky pads and they are quite strong. Would this work to mount them?

kind regards

Karri

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

https://youtu.be/cuP9XMIjT6A?t=4m38s

looks like standard case fan screws are used to install the 2 Cooler Master 120mm fans. The fan goes on the inside of the panel, while the screws go thru the outside, and thread into the plastic on the fans. They should look like this

http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/11-998-099-TS?$S300W$

if that doesn't work, make sure you have removed the filter on that panel. Look for the 6 screws holding it in place, and remove them.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube