add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

To all the 450D Case Users, I have a question.

Charmin

52 months ago

AND THAT QUESTION WILL BE ANSWERED THIS SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE SUUUUUUUUPPPPPEEEERRR SLLLLAAAMMMM when John Cena and The Undertaker fight each other for the title of CHAMPION!

Ok now seriously, I have a few questions about the 450D:

1) Is this a loud case? If so, when do you find it at it's loudest?

2) How good is the cable management in this case? If so, would it be good for a first time builder? If you have any complaints about the cable managment, what are they?

3) Does this case have good radiator support? Would I be able to get a thick radiator? Does anyone know the maximum thickness for a radiator?

Thanks for answering in advance!

-Charmin UltraSoft

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't own the case myself, but have done 2 builds in it, one with a 360 radiator. the case fans aren't loud, but it has no active noise mitigation. the cable management is fine, not the best with tie down points or space, but it's not bad at all. as far as rad support, it isn't crazy. thanks to having only two opptical bays you can get a 280 rad in the front. you can do a thin 360 rad in the top (no room for push pull and the mount is not offset), but it eats up an optical bay. the case claims you can put a 240 on the floor, but to be honest, with most power supplies over 140mm long, that's not happening. the case is based on the 300R. same chassis but with a taller top and less optical bays. overall, this case isn't great for it's regular price of $120. virtually every other popular case within $20-$40 in either direction of it's price is better. the Enthoo Pro, H440, Define R5, Define S, Enthoo Pro M, &50D, Enthoo Luxe just to name a few.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow! Thank you for your long and definitive reply! I am thinking abut the Define S as well. I also might just go mATX and get the 350D, but it's way too big for an mATX if you ask me. I just don't want a super big foot print. I was also thinking about the air 540. Everything you listed is something I'm thinking about. DECISIONS!!! I HATE THEM!!! lol. BUt yet again, thank you for your reply.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

you're welcome. I know how it is to be caught up when making these kinds of decisions. if you want a good mATX option the arc mini R2 is good. better airflow and rad support than the 350D.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube