add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

H80i or Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM/ Noctua? (Closed Loop/Air)

rustedrabbit

78 months ago

I have been debating on whether or not to purchase a closed loop system as opposed to an air cooling solution - ease of installation, noise etc.

Newegg is pricing the H80i at 74.99 which is the same price as both of the air coolers I have been looking at. Does it come down to preference or is one truly better than the other?

Take care, rr

Comments

• 78 months ago
  • 2 points

The noctua nh-d14 and the phanteks both perform better then the h80i, and i belive the noctua is slightly better then the phanteks.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Both of those air coolers are better and quieter than the H80i.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

If the h80i is the only thing that will fit in your case in terms of closed loop watercoolers then go with the air coolers. If you can fit something like the h100i that might be worth the extra $25 for the increased performance.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube