add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What cooler is the best for overclocking?

bardia1327

53 months ago

Hi there im building a new gaming pc and i want it to be "overclockable" so i need a good cooler, i was wondering what to get, i have heard good things about noctua but i think that a liquid cooler will be better, dnt worry about budget atm but nothing ******* overkill like £200 or something

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

There are quite a few options to choose from, I'll list air coolers & AIOs:

Top AIO's:Kraken x61, CM Nepton 240M, Swiftech H240x (<- would recommend this one if you can get your hands on it)

HighEnd Air coolers: Cryorig r1 Uni / Ult, Noctua NH-D15, Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Also, don't get corsair's AIOs as they can become pretty noisy due to their pumps.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

What cooler do you recommend? The Swiftech H240X isnt for sale in the UK, currently i am planning to go with the noctua dh-d15 cuz apparantly it is really good

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

All the coolers i listed are pretty much good for overclocking. You can't go wrong choosing one over the other.

If you want air cooled: Cryorig r1, i just like how it looks whilst performing about the same as the D15. Really you can't go wrong picking either the R1 or D15.

Water cooled: Kraken x61

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

dude i dont know what i want all i want is a good cooler for overclocking i dunno if that means getting water or air

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Chose the one which appeals to you the best. All the coolers i listed are good for overclocking so now just pick the one that looks nice to you. If you want a clear cut answer, get the NH-D15.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

k, ty that helps, also what do you think about the Scythe Kotetsu, I have heard that it is really good and really underrated, i think the ambient temp for it is 21C

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

What cooler do you recommend? Currently I am planning on buying the Noctua dh-d15 cuz apparantly it is very good and sort of cheap

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

As a first time builder do you think i should get a liquid or air cooler?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

When I first started building computers, I thought air would be easier to install; however, now that I have done both... AIO coolers are easier; however, one caveat... Push-Pull set ups can be a lot more of a pain depending on your case/placement of some of the heat sinks on your MOBO.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube