add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

i5 6600K & CM Hyper 212 EVO Questions.

rhardy

53 months ago

In my current build (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sGVw23) I have the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler.

My real question is I don't plan on OC'ing this CPU to the limit of its capabilities but possibly 200 to 400MHz, will this cooler do the job? It has great reviews and looks to be the go to budget CPU cooler of people's builds (that price is hard to beat). The $1200 on my build is the limit on what I want to spend so if there is a stronger CPU Cooler needed please let me know how I can fit that in within the build.

Thanks.

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

The Hyper 212 EVO will be fine for what you're doing.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

We ran an A10-6800K overclocked to 4.7GHZ / 1.2GHZ (iGPU core), all on a Zalman CNPS5X, which is a smaller lesser performing heatsink than the 212 EVO ;)

You'll be fine.

I would branch out and use something other than the 212 EVO for the simple fact that it is so incredibly boring (used in thousands of builds).

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

It's hard not to use it with its low price and it can still do the job.

I will say the Cryorig H7 looks better than the 212 EVO, at $10 more it might not be a bad choice. I personally do not like the Noctua ones as their fans are hideous looking yet they get great reviews.

Should I go with the Cryorig H7 then? Just to mix things up?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Scythe SCKTN-4000, Arctic Cooling ACFZ13, Thermaltake NiC L31, Thermaltake NiC L32, Silverstone AR01, Zalman CNPS10X Performa.

Some other ideas that will also work nicely here for around the same price class.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the information.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube