add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
alexgames

53 months ago

will i be able to run gta on this i7-4700mq 2.4GHz/3.4GHz 8gb ram geforce 840M 2GB(+2GB shared from ram for a total of 4GB) 1TB SSHD 1920x1080@60Hz

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

You'll likely only be able to run it at lowest settings 720p if you want 60fps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Iy04ZDm7w in the video he ran it at 30-40 fps at 768p with very high textures and particles FXAA on and the rest are normal settings.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

ill just wack down to minium everything

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Minimum:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1,
Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2 (NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) /
AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) 2.5GHz Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)

*Some system components such as mobile chipsets, integrated, and AGP graphics cards may be incompatible.

THis is a HUGE GAME. In addition to the install of about 60GB's, you will need at least 100GB that includes the free space.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

i knwo its a huge game

[comment deleted]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

840m is a low end chip for laptops designed more for rendering than for actually playing games, a 965m is 95% faster and would max the game out on ultra at 90fps

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

i think its in your best interest to lower the resolution. This is funny because I have a 3rd gen i7 and a GT 750M, and I get 30-40 FPS on 1080p with low-medium settings. No stutters or lag either.

[comment deleted]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow Rockstar, way to be a *****. Matter of fact, there's a bug from when the console version was released and it wasn't fixed in PC and it still isn't fixed. It's in single player where if you buy a car, and mod it or not at all, it disappears. You won't see it again, so it's not worth buying cars in single player. There's another bug in GTA that happens a lot during heists, usually at the start or beginning (in online) where the game just crashes and people have sent in a bunch of support tickets, and rockstar hasn't answered any of them, plus most of the "fixes" don't work either. The game is fun, Rockstar just screwed this up like the did with GTA IV Online shudders ######Windows Online Games, or whatever that piece of **** is called######

[comment deleted]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Also about the GTA Account Ban, you might as well send a support ticket to Rockstar. They aren't that responsive on some bugs, but this is obviously a mistake so it would be worth getting it corrected. I also checked out Fuel and it seems frigging awesome. I have to say, I feel bad for you. #memoryleaks4president. #GFWL4VicePresident well, good luck to you I guess, hopefully youll be able to build a higher end PC for yourself in the future!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube