add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best version of windows for my system?

demonslayer901
  • 58 months ago

I have finally, after many months of planning, have ordered my entire build, with the last part arriving tomorrow, the big question has arrived.

What version of windows for my new system? I had windows 7 on my old pc, but then upgraded to 10 with the free upgrade, I like it so far, but I'm not quite sure if I want to install it on my new system or not, does anyone have any experience with windows 10 or any suggestions?

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Safe option: Windows 7 & use the free upgrade to Windows 10 right before the 12 month deadline. Windows 10 isn't perfect and there is some controversy surrounding certain elements. Allowing more time for issues with the OS to be ironed out is a safe bet.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I would say the windows 7 is good option then free upgrade to windows 10.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I asked Microsoft again ...and funnily enough they said to buy windows 10.

However this time I then asked why given that win7 is cheaper and I get a free upgrade to win10.

The reply was that if I buy retail windows10 online from msoft for the £99.99 (in data stick form or download.. From the msoft site) I get to keep it for life and can move it from one machine (ie motherboard) to another so long as it is only one one machine at a time ...whereas they don't sell win7 anymore so if I buy win7 I need to be careful that I get a true retail version rather than an OEM ...as the latter won't be transferable between machines...it is locked to one motherboard.

Also, msoft don't sell win7 anymore.... So no choice if you want to buy direct from them!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube