add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Phantek Enthoo Pro fan / cooler layout

Primal_Shock

52 months ago

Wasn't sure which sub this belonged under but ultimately decided cases as folks with the particular case would best know how to deal with the fan/cooling layout.

I ordered things, thinking I knew where I wanted it to go, those things being an h105 and 2 additional phantak 140xp's... as well as the case included 200mm and 140mm fans.

So that's: 3 - 140mm fans 1 - 200mm fan 1 - 240mm AIO cooler

At present I've taken the cages out of the case so the flow at the front is unimpeded. I plan to snap and ssd behind the motherboard panel. The HD I'm likely going to rig up to fit in where the optical drives lay.

This leaves me trying to figure out a configuration for the fan/cooling situation. I am going to remove the PSU shroud so there is room to fit a 140 down there. I was thinking about going with a rear/bottom/front pull with a top push out since heat naturally rises anyways.. working with nature seemed to make sense? Maybe not since the bottom fan would just be pulling in the hot air the psu fan is expelling?

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

make the front and bottom intakes, the top and rear exhaust. the psu fan is an intake and the hot exhaust from the psu goes out the back. two 140mm fans in front, H105 in top, nowhere to mount the 200mm fan. or you could put the 200mm fan in top, two 140's front intake and H105 mounted on the case floor, if the tubes can reach.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

That was one of the layouts I had thought of. What about H105 on front intake; 200 +140mm on top exhaust; 140mm bottom intake; 140mm rear exhaust.

This layout however would mean moving out the optical bay I think and trying to figure out a fix for the dvd / hd drive.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

that is also viable if the tubes on the H105 can reach. you can leave the optical bys in and get an adapter to mount a 3.5" HDD in there.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube