add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NEED HELP H110i GT

Gohawks8819

53 months ago

On the Corsair H110i box it says it needs an available USB 2.0 header, but my MSI Z97 Gaming 5 board has 3.0 headers, my "saved parts list" states that everything is compatible (getting the "green light" at the top)...... So Will the h110i gt work on a board that has 3.0 headers or not? Even though my saved parts list is saying everything is compatible. Someone please get back to me.

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

Compatibility checker is correct, you can use h110i gt with your motherboard.

Your motherboard specifically has 2 USB 2.0 Headers and 1 USB 3.0 header.

Also and no, USB 2.0 headers are not compatible with USB 3.0 Headers(You need adapters).

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh okay phew.... I was under the impression that I bought a 130.00 cpu cooler for it not to work on my board because it doesn't have the correct headers.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

So I need to get an adapter for the cpu cooler to work?

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

No, just plug the 2.0 Header(from the cooler) into one of the 2.0 Headers on the motherboard.

Here's a build with the same exact motherboard and cpu cooler combo just to show that it's compatible: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ZGgLrH (Picture 7 specifically)

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, sorry got confused, I'm new to the whole PC gaming rhealm..... So from my understanding my board (MSI Z97 GAMING 5) has 2 USB 2.0 headers and a single 3.0 header, and that I don't need an adapter because my board has 2.0 headers... Correct?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Correct.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, thank you for the much needed help, I really appreciate it. Got scared for a second haha.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube