add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

The right PSU?

Winky
  • 55 months ago

Here is my build, I do plan on OC'ing my cpu. Is there a better PSU for the job for less money or is mine that I got the right choice?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/z6mHMp

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

yes, its a top of the line psu.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

you chose well. go with that.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

yours is perfect if you plan on runing a 390 crossfire setup. you can get any number of good to excellent 550-650 watt psu for <$100 if you are sticking to a single gpu.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool, I do plan on adding a few fans, and they seem to be like 5 watts a pop and not sure if that changes anything. Also is 8 PCI-Express 6+2-Pin Connectors really needed or could I get away with 4? if so I would probably just go with https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-120g10750xr

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

that would be the wrong choice.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

That is a huge downgrade from the G2.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Never used an EVGA PSU but if I'm building a PC now I'll use one. I like EVGA's red sleeved cables that you can purchase as an option like Corsair but cheaper. You'll end up saving a lot of time an money than sleeving cables yourself.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube