add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cryorig H7 vs Cooler Master Nepton 240m

Cliquez

53 months ago

Okay i just wanted to know the difference between those 2 coolers. I know Cryorig is a air cooler/heatsink and CM Nepton is a liquid cool.

I just wanted to know the differece of those 2

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

Here is Data for the Cryorig, showing that it's a decently measured cooler (for the price). It's not particularly silent at peak, but fares fairly well for the price at all other levels. The Cooler Master has the same problem: Both pump and radiator are dead silent at low rpm, but anything above 50% becomes obnoxiously loud (when compared to a Noctua of the same price-category at least). The Cryorig beats the Nepton in a price/performance contest.

At 25% max rpm both coolers are nearly inaudible. Personally I would prefer a Noctua NH-U12S or a U12DX, or a beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 over the Cryorig/Cooler Master.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply man, greatly appreciated it. Still thinking about that Noctua aswell, i dont know if its gonna be compatible with my Case, MOBO and RAM clearance.

Case: Apevia x-sniper 2

MOBO: MSI Z97 PC MATE

RAM: 2x8gb (G.skill ripjaws x series)

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Noctua's key design feature is RAM-Clearance, and their very excellent (and very patented) mounting system works on all intel sockets as well as most AMD sockets (no sideways mounting for AMD).

The only thing I was unable to find was your case's max CPU-cooler height. The NHU12S' height is just shy of 160mm, which makes it small enough to fit into my Core 1500. That case is about the same width as your Apevia, so I would estimate the max mounting height at 160mm. If the Cryorig was going to fit into the case, the Noctua will be 13mm larger (145mm vs 158mm). Alternatively you might go with a Top-Blow variant of the U12, the L12 at 150mm height..

Have you measured the distance between your Mainboard's PCB and the inner mounting rim of the case? That will give you a ballpark estimate.

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

you cannot compare a 35 bucks heatsink with a 100 bucks radiator. Eventhough the cryorig is the best heatsink you can get in the 35 bucks range, it will never perform as good as a 240mm radiator. You will never get the same overclock out of the H7, that yo would get from the nepton 240m which is a superior cooler in all aspects. Just for your information, the pump on this radiator has to be run at 100% always, and when compare to the corsair H100i cooler is a much better and more silent unit.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the cryorig H7 and can say that I've never actually heard it. Its keeps the CPU temp under 60degrees while running GTA V (a very CPU heavy game). The fan has never gone over 500rpm to maintain temps so it really is virtually silent. You really shouldn't compare these two coolers, but I'm know the price to performance of the cryorig is better than the CM Nepton as you may only be seeing a few degrees difference between the two in real world uses

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Perfect! I actually both the cryorig H7 yesterday. Im hoping not to get disappointed! Thanks for the reply and experience mate!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube