add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Mini ITX cases?

DrTot

51 months ago

Im looking to buy my first gaming pc, and the hardest part for me is finding a good looking case in my price range. I recently came across the BitFenix Prodigy series and I think the orange model looks amazing. I know mini ITX cases are meant to be portable, but I was going to keep it on/under my desk. Is it worth getting a Mini ITX case just because it looks really cool?

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

If you like it, go for it. Just make sure it has some adequate airflow. If you have a high end PC, you might want to get a bigger case for more airflow.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

The Prodigy is pretty good, but I prefer the Corsair 380D (it's not that bad), Corsair Obsidian 250D, RVZ02, I'm sure Fractal Design has something, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX is good, oh now I remember, the Fractal Design Node 804, and the Corsair Air 240 is good too.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Ive got a Corsair 250D and its big but its very roomy, very easy to build in. I think it looks great but Im a fan of simplistic monochrome design. Also a big fan on the Enthoo Evolv ITX. My PC stays in place unless I decide I want to take it out to the living room and hook it up to my tv out there for some couch gaming so you dont have to use itx for portable gaming only. I like craming immense power into a tiny space. Do whatever you want, its your money and your computer!

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, I think I'm going to go for it, I mean after all I don't need a TON of airflow because I'm not overclocking

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the orange prodigy M and it looks amazing, airflow is actualy quite good considering how much the parts are crammed together.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube