add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First-Build Case

Spenciliquist

51 months ago

I need help selecting a case for my first build ~ http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7Vd3pg

Pardon my lack of terminology

-I would prefer a black/red or just black theme, as long as there are red LED lights.

-The most I will spend is $80

-2 optical drive slots (unless someone gives me a really good reason why I shouldn't)

-2 external 5.25"

-2 USB ports (3 if it can be under $80)

-Headphone/microphone input

-Must have window

-Compatible with my build (obviously)

Notice I have one 2.5" and one 3.5" for storage.. Can I put the 2.5" in a 3.5" slot? If so, 3 internal 3.5"

Must be able to be upgraded in the future. I have browsed hundreds of cases and cannot find the one I want. I am a novice and this is my first build, so suggestions are appreciated. Thanks all!

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

you have some cookie cutter, gawdy boxes that are black and red, you have riced up versions of cheaper cases that are otherwise identical and therefore priced poorly (230T) mostly in that price range. thermaltake's versa H34 and V31 are nice, but no led fans included. the phanteks enthoo pro M is $80 and pretty nice, but only comes with a single 5.25" bay and no front fans. fractal's define S is solid, but very plain looking, lacking led fans and the window version is actually $90. also, there is almost nothing under $80 with more than two usb ports.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the response, I will edit the post to only contain two USB ports

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube