add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PSU question for part list

Eddard20
  • 55 months ago

So I'm putting together a new PC finally, and I've been wondering if the PSU I've chosen will be enough to power the Gigabyte GTX 980, and the rest. What are your thoughts? Part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KfgXwP

I'm not so sure if I need the 980, I'm not planning to go above 1080p. I also don't want to overclock anything, the 970 might be enough, if it gets the job done in games on the highest settings. The specifications on Gigabyte's website say 600W is required for the 980 g1, so I'm not sure if the 650W will be enough to power everything. Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

it's more than enough. you can run 980 SLI on a good 650 watt and still not be near taxing it with this system. at $90, I would choose a different psu. you can get a modular one for that price. the SSD you chose is garbage though, so get something else.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your reply! Any recommendations about the SSD?

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

Don't buy that SSD, its ****.

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

The 970 is already is pretty good 1440p card! Also, 600 watts is plenty. I've got an overclocked 4690k and overclocked R9 280, which both use more power than the 4590 and 970 on a 550w SeaSonic.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube