add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 10 installer bricked my PC

Ruthlesswill
  • 57 months ago

I was upgrading from Windows 7 , and the download circle thing got stuck at 49% for a good 50 min or so so I decided I reboot and start it over. It the. Attempt to reinstalled failed and then attempted to reload Windows 7 and failed.

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't go as far as saying it bricked or completely damage your hardware..... Have you tried doing clean "fresh" installation of either windows 10 or windows 7?

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't have the disk/USB drive I upgraded from mictosoft. Com

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

if you don't have an usb drive get one at least 4gb and create a bootable. My recommendation is to download as ISO image and use RUFUS to burn to USB drive

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

I'm pretty sure a fresh install should solve your problem.. :)

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Thx, but due to this imma make a new build scraping some of the old parts I'm rocking the 600 series, due to an upgrade anyway

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

use windows 7 recovery mode. if not from the recovery partition (which may have been over written), then from a disc/usb

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

No disc/USB drive

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

how did you get your OS in the first place then?

go hook one up.

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Fo reelz. This is starting to sound more like don't want to as opposed to can't.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

yup. didnt even mention if the recovery partition was tried

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube