add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for black VGA cables

SuperSarah
  • 55 months ago

Hello. My PSU (1000W P2 Plat by EVGA) came with black cables and red cables. Well, I don't have any red in my case and rather vainly I want to have all my cables be black to fit the overall color scheme. Thus, I need 4 cables that connect from my PSU to my graphics cards that are black or even white.

Here are two options I identified:

1) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G31E0317

2) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812162033

Option 1 includes a whole new set of all the cables for the PSU but costs around 90 dollars. Option 2 is just the VGA cables (I would have to buy four of em I think) but it would still be cheaper at around 35 dollars. So, what is the better option? I guess I am asking if option 2 will be compatible with my PSU and graphics cards and work properly, since it is not specific to my PSU like option 1. Thank you very much for your help!

-Sarah

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

either get the EVGA set or get the set from cablemod. thought I went over that whole thing with you a couple of times.... :)

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm sorry sometimes I need to hear things multiple times for them to sink in. I appreciate your help very much. Could you offer a rationale for your recommendation, just so I better understand? I was leaning towards the silverstone to save some money. Thank you.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

extensions are a half measure. the sleeving on the silverstone extensions looks nice, but frays easily. I'm using white ones right now. using them may also lower performance a bit, especially since the cables on the G2/P2/T2 psus is part of the platform design (there are solid capacitors in the cable on your power supply that improve ripple supression). it's a big cost gap so the extensions are temping, just isn't the very best option.

edit: the custom sleeve kit doesn't have the capacitors in the cables anyway.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks so much for the useful info. I will definitely use your advice!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube