add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Overclocking GPU with 430w?

sanitd
  • 80 months ago

Hi, I want to overclock my hd 7770 by 100mhz or 200mhz. I want to know if 430w will be enough power to sustain the run and have enough power for overclocked gpu.

My specs : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uOEU

Thanks

Comments

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

I am not sure how much more that power supply can take. Overclocking depends on voltage, and that power supply doesnt give alot compared to others

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

Based on the components you are running you should have additional headroom left to increase the frequency on the card. The CPU and GPU have fairly low power requirements and your efficiency is pretty solid as such you peak low is a a bit under your rated max.

Make sure you use the latest version of GPU Tweak. I have had pretty solid margin on the 7770.

Best of luck.

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know if you'll be able to get 100-200Mhz out of that card, but you should be okay if you can get there.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube