add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

H100i: Changing Water Every 6 Months

MonsterKhaos16

78 months ago

OK so the other day I was about to install my H100i into my new computer when a friend of mine told me I shouldn't. he said it would be to much effort because I would have to install it and every 6 to 9 months I would have to change the water or mold would from. Is this true or false and is true could I have a link on how to change the water. thanks guys I just don't want to waste my money on another cpu cooler.

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 5 points

Better get a new source for your techy stuff :)

• 78 months ago
  • 3 points

False, you never change the liquid inside.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks I just needed some correct info from a site about pc's to confirm my decision. I will be using the h100i now.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Quote from Corsair : "Hydro Series H100i comes pre-filled, and never needs refilling or priming"

http://www.corsair.com/us/hydro-series-h100i-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

I've been using this h100i for about that same time as you now, about 3 and a half years. I recently started having issues with overheating but the pump was still going strong. liquid had evaporated. I was about to order the h115i when i swapped back to air cooling temporarily to stop overheating. I realized I could remove the copper plate on the h100i where it contacts the cpu. I refilled it with DI water made sure it was 100% full through all the tubes and radiator, put the plate back on reapplied some goop and put it back on the cpu. the temps i'm getting are the same impossibly low temps i was getting when i first bought the thing. so liquid does evaporate over time and it is refillable, if you really want to risk it to maybe save money.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

That cooler is supposed to be rated as long as the warranty is.

I don't think corsair would sell a product that would need to be changed every 6-9 months and offer a 5 year warranty.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

nope u dont need to change water in H100i. please visit this site to learn more. http://www.corsair.com/en/hydro-series-h100i-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

H100i doesnt need any water change at all, it's all in one so you cant even remove the water or put new water in... doing so removes the warranty.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

even if the liquid evaporates you can just contact corsair and say you're experiencing high temps and you think that it is faulty/broken they will replace it for you

• 78 months ago
  • 0 points

Yeah, pre-filled coolers are "maintenance free". The downside is obviously eventually the cooling liquid will all evaporate and the unit will no longer function. However, who uses a "serious" cooler for 10 years anyway? You will probably upgrade builds a couple of times in those 10 years and get a new cooler.

• 46 months ago
  • 3 points

I don't see how it could evaporate, its a closed, airtight system, where or how could it evaporate ?

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

31 months ago

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

Despite being air/water tight molecules can/do still slowly leak out. Its similar to your car tire, ostensibly, your tire is considered "air tight" by most people, however, various gases that make up the air actually do slowly permeate out through the rubber wall, necessitating that you top off your tires once a year or more. For this very reason you can get your tire specifically filled with nitrogen which is "bigger" and thus has a much harder time moving through your tire wall, making it lose air much more slowly.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

4 months ago

35 months ago

• 42 months ago
  • -1 points

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxaloNgIYAAf9Rp.jpg

Info is info, they still sell the device so the information remains relevant to people who find this thread while doing searches, which is how I got here originally myself.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

This thread is literally 2 years old, the point has been established 2 years ago.

You could've just made a new thread. :/

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

m8 You ever heard of a necro

• 42 months ago
  • 0 points

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxaloNgIYAAf9Rp.jpg

Info is info, they still sell the device so the information remains relevant to people who find this thread while doing searches, which is how I got here originally myself.

• 41 months ago
  • 0 points

Just why....

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube