add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MSI Z87-GD65 fan controlling question

alexdf990
  • 82 months ago

I've recently purchased the above motherboard and I am awaiting delivery for it, i was wondering if speedfan would work for this motherboard. I looked on compatibility part of the site and it wasn't listed. If it doesn't work i've seen the fan control in the command center software which states "Command Center has enough overclocking options to satisfy most users. The fan controls are also extensive. As in the firmware, all five fan headers can be controlled individually. MSI has also added a tuning mechanism that determines the actual speed range of each connected fan." I can't tell if this will allow me to turn of certain fans, or just control the speed? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

I just bought this mobo recently and was slightly confused at first, but now I know in the command center you can manually control each fan or let the software auto tune them according to temperature you set them to speed up at.

Hope this helps

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

That's brilliant thanks :) so does that mean i can turn selected fans off aswell?

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

hmm not sure if you can turn them completly off, i think it let's you bring them down to 20% min. only

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube