add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
marshallbryant
  • 55 months ago

I'm building a new system Friday and this will be the first system that I really really care about the way it looks inside. My first one was just kind of meh. I plan on building in the NZXT H440. Problem is that I want to save as much money as I can at least as long as it doesn't effect performance. I.E I'll take a green case over a black one if I can save $20. I was looking at the corsair RM650 fully modular PSU, but then I found the CS650M, it's semi modular. Only thing I want to know is if the H440 will be able to hide the cables on that PSU and if not then a case under $120 that will accommodate the cables on the CS650M

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

yes, the H440 will do it fine. the S340 and Enthoo Pro M will also. those are $65 and $80 respectively. the two corsair psus you mentioned aren't great and cost more than some considerably better power supplies. they aren't a smart purchase.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

PSU suggestion? I probably only need 550W but I want a 650, the system is as follows. I75820K, 16GB RAM, GTX 780, MSI X99 SLI plus, and a 1TB WD black and 120 GB SSD. The 780 will be replaced with an nvidia quadro at some point.

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

GS 650W, G2 650W, B2 750W, and there are other good PSU's by SeaSonic.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Cooler master , yay or nay?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

coolermaster VSM 550/650 are good. right now EVGA 550 GS is $70 and xfx XTR 550 is $80. the evga 550/650 G2 are some of the best out there. if you don't need a modular xfx TS650 is good. also, seasonic G650. all of these are better than the two corsair series and cost the same price or less.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

lol, that's a small psu at 150 mm long. too big for what? it's smaller than average. it's solid. you buying it in store at microcenter? make them price match newegg or amazon. I wouldn't buy that for $110 + tax.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I watched a review of the EVGA supernova on YouTube from what seemed to be a fairly reputable channel. They said the back handle on it might make it too long or something, I thought that seemed strange, but hey I don't know anything about power supplies other than how much power and 80+ ratings. I am buying in store either from frys or microcenter, I prefer to get parts locally so that if anything is DOA I can replace it the same day. Not sure the price match will work because from newegg its $5 shipping and at microcenter the rebate makes it 99.99 so same price lol

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

okay, OC3D aside there is nobody putting up video reviews of psus worth even glanciong at. secondly, from the mere mention of a handle you have watched a review of the OLD NEX series psus. you're way off track. microcenter mislabling all the evga stuff doesn't help either. you see the 650 watt evga that ALSO say's it's the GS 650 on their page for $87? it shows the picture of the much better evga 650 G2. remeber this very important thing. the box in your hand either says 650 GS on it or 650 G2. the one with the handle was renamed into NEX G1 and you don't wanna buy that. G2 is the best, GS is acceptable under $100. be safe.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you so much for your help, I'm just asking so many questions because I'm putting a lot of money into this PC and I want to make sure everything goes smoothly

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd like to see it work out for you too. good luck man. nothing wrong with asking lots of questions, heck, lots of people make threads on here after making some buying mistakes and I think there's something wrong with that hah. at least, what's done is done in their case. :)

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

UPDATE: Most PC Wattage Calculators have averaged at just above 500W. PCPP's estimate is 506 and Coolermaster's is 523. Others have been around the same with newegg being the highest at 623W. That being said, Would I be fine going with a 550W PSU? Here is a list of my exact parts other than the case. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/marshallbryant/saved/#view=rmGgXL

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

A 550W would work, but it is recommended you always have some extra headroom. So the best bet is to go 100 to 150 watts higher then what you are calculating you need.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

indeed. ultimately it helps to calculate accurately in the first place.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

A 550 watt PSU is just barely above your tdp. You would have no headroom for overclocking at all. A good 650-750 would be best. I'd personally get a 750.

This is one of the best psus out there. It also is a great cost and has a 10 year warranty.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr

For a little lower on the scale, but still a good quality PSU.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-110b20750vr

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

750 for a single 780 system? at least he'd have room for SLI that way.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

It may just be me, but I like a little over the top headroom, plus the price on the g2 and b2 can't be beat.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I may just go with the550 for now then upgrade in a few months. I'm in a rush to get this built ASAP because my gf and I are trying to move out but I won't be able to afford to build a whole new system when we move.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

How much, before rebate, does the 550 cost? The evga b2 I linked in my above post is like 90 bucks before rebate. I think it had a 30 dollar mir on it. So you'd end up only paying 60 bucks for it in the long run.

• 55 months ago
  • 0 points

they are all worthless really.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube