add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Node 304 and MSI GeForce GTX 970 Twin Frozr V

patrickreck

51 months ago

Hey guys,

I just bought a Fractal Node 304 along with a MSI GeForce GTX 970 Twin Frozr V but now my friend told me that I need a Mini ITX graphics card. Is this true? Will this graphics card fit the Node 304?

Thanks!

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

If it fits then no you don't need an itx card. If it doesn't then maybe. I know with the node 304 the size of the PSU will affect how large of a gpu you can fit in. So its hard to say without knowing the rest of your build. I believe your going to want a PSU no longer than 160cm.

Edit: The node 304 can fit a 12in Gpu as long as you have a psu no longer than 160cm. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uTU4sN40_Xk

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/node-series/node-304-black

it will fit fine but consider the restrictions. this are the restrictions

ATX PSUs, up to 160mm in length (To fit in combination with a long graphics card, PSUs with modular connectors on the back typically need to be shorter than 160 mm)

Graphics cards, up to 310mm in length, when 2 HDD slots (1 HDD hanging bracket total) are removed (Graphics cards longer than 170 mm will conflict with PSUs longer than 160mm)

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I bought a Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz CPU with stock cooler, and a Corsair CX 600W. Will this fit with the graphics card? :-)

Thank you!

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

Just a heads up if you don't click the reply button under our comments it wont notify us you replied. Yep the graphics card will fit. Did you already buy the PSU?

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh ok.

Yeah I did, should I have bought a different one?

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

Corsairs budget PSU are just ok. They aren't really made to power gaming builds or PCs that wil be underload for a while, But its fine since you already got it. Its not going to explode or anything. I actually used one in a gaming build similar to yours for about a year with no problems, so you'll be fine its just that its not that great.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube