add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Khaai
  • 57 months ago

Hey all! I want to build a PC, but I honestly don't have the time to make a build myself, much less see if it will work with the games I want to be able to play in the future. I've set my spending limit to $750 CAD, but I'm able to allow for a bit of wiggle room -- say, up to $850 if it's absolutely necessary. This is a gaming PC, obviously, and that's pretty much all I'll be using it for.

I want to be able to play games like The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and Dying Light on normal settings, but if that's too much to reach for I'm good with just being able to play them without major lag.

I'll be using this thing a lot, so maybe some more durable parts would be preferable. I'd also like a tower that looks fairly decent, and not some horrendous clunky thing I have to hide in a corner out of shame. That's just preference, though -- certainly not necessary, if things can't fit or it raises my prices beyond what's needed. I also require a monitor and perhaps a new mouse, and a Windows OS, preferably 8 or 8.1, will do great.

Sorry for being so picky. I'm not sure if that's a help or hindrance here, since this is, well, my first time, so maybe some suggestions on what I should look/ask for in the future would be good as well.

Thanks so much for your time! Have an awesome day!

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/xrvbP6

The extra bump up to 850 dollars is a huge difference in gaming power. If you want to stick with a 750 dollar budget a 750 to or 270 would be what you have to put in. Those cards are weak compared to the 960.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not seeing a monitor in that build. Sorry to ask you this, but could you give me a quick recommendation that won't raise my prices by too much?

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

An acer s220 is a cheap 100 1080p monitor.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube