add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Under a $1000 U.S. Computer build

GianKarloz
  • 57 months ago

I like to play games such as Arma 3 and Dayz and my Hp laptop simply cannot handle the games. I was given a Fatality ASRock B85 Killer Series (although I don't plan to do any overclocking since i don't know how to, i am aware of the fact that most if not all B85 chipsets cannot be overclocked.), as well as a Corsair H100i Hydro Series (which i have heard is a very good cooling system. I need a build that can run both Arma 3 and Dayz at about 60 fps. The motherboard box says that its Windows 8.1 ready, this may be an odd question but i just want to clear this up, does that mean i don't have to buy windows? Now this is my first build, I am very comparable to a small child in the Computer building world, so any suggestions that is less than $1000 and websites where i can get them for a cheaper price would be great and appreciated.

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you happen to know if i get Windows 7, can i still upgrade to Windows 10 for free?

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

okay cool thanks man. One more question, if i were to get a different case than the one you suggested. What type can i get?

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

This was in the Compatibility notes:"Some Intel B85 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Haswell Refresh CPUs."

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube