add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
dan125
  • 57 months ago

I'm new to the pc scene and want te join in. I'm looking for a pc that can handle strategy games (Civilization V and Company of Heroes 2), simulation games (Cities Skyline) and GTA V better then my PS4 and that it can run some games, like GTA, on 60 FPS. I just need the pc, no OS and all that, location is the Netherlands.

Thank you in advance, Have a great day/evening

Dan

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor €99.90 @ Caseking
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard €71.22 @ Amazon Deutschland
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory €53.93 @ Mindfactory
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive €55.53 @ Mindfactory
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card €179.25 @ Amazon Deutschland
Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case €49.90 @ Caseking
Power Supply SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply €77.93 @ Mindfactory
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total €587.66
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-20 22:30 CEST+0200

You can go with this build so that you can get more gpu power but you won't have an upgrade path for the future. Or you can go with a 4460 cpu and a 750 ti or r7 360 so that you can upgrade to a 4690k or 4790k

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I personally think that MistuhJ's list is better.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Is that a list in my price range?

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

It's 6 euros over budget.. But it's well worth it.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah the cpu is way better. But I decided to give mine more gpu power.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

You can hardly upgrade this CPU for a better one (wich you will need at a probably sooner then later), so you will need to get a new motherboard.. Also the 960 vs 950 is a significant performance difference, but really not big enhough to go this CPU route.

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Here's another opinion. Since you want to get PS4 levels of performance out of this thing I think you might want a better GPU, so I went with an i3 to make room for a GTX 960:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor €119.35 @ Mindfactory
Motherboard ASRock Z97M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard €101.90 @ Home of Hardware DE
Memory *Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory €48.08 @ Amazon Deutschland
Storage *Toshiba 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive €49.90 @ Amazon Deutschland
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card €194.60 @ Amazon Deutschland
Case Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case €39.99 @ Amazon Deutschland
Power Supply XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply €65.50 @ Amazon Deutschland
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total €619.32
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-21 15:59 CEST+0200

You could upgrade the i3 to an i5 or i7 later for better CPU performance.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you, with this build can I upgrade along the way? (I'm a dummy when it comes to a pc)

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, you sure can. It's hard to get everything you want for €600, so that's why having a future upgrade path is smart. The i3 should hold its own in games that aren't super CPU intensive, but with the Z97 board you have the option of upgrading to a Haswell i5 or i7 in the future (an i5-4690K for instance, which is a very nice gaming CPU). It would be as simple as taking the old CPU out and dropping the new one in.

As far as the GPU goes, a GTX 960 or R9 380 is probably the best you'll be able to do in the €600 price range. It will give you solid 1080p performance in modern games and will have no trouble maxing most older ones. If you drop the GPU too much lower than that, you may have a hard time playing "next gen" games as well as your PS4 can. You would certainly be able to upgrade the GPU in the future as well, since a 550W PSU should be fine for most single GPUs.

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Even though it's already slightly over budget, I would save up a bit more to have a better PSU (not nessecarily more watts, just a higher tier PSU)

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Going along with this, would definitely advise OP researches deals in own local area to try to get better / cheaper components. The lists created here are a good rough estimate, but I have no idea what sort of stuff is available in the Netherlands!

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Exactly.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Allright, thank you for helping me. Greatly appreciated

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I would save up just a bit more to get a higher tier PSU

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube