add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

In dire need of a pc case

cursed_boi_thirteen

51 months ago

Hi all. I need a pc case to fit my build into. I'm looking for something with good air flow. I also want to mount my cpu cooler in the down to pull in cool air, and my AIO gpu coolers in the top pushing out hot air. While the front pulls in air and the rear pushes out. I like the phantom 630 but i doubt the rads will reach to where i want then. please any advice or suggestions welcome. Here's my parts list. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor £199.00 @ Aria PC
CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler £104.99 @ Aria PC
Motherboard Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £139.90 @ More Computers
Memory Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory £77.66 @ More Computers
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £68.99 @ Aria PC
Storage Toshiba 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £64.93 @ Amazon UK
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB HYBRID Video Card (2-Way SLI) £639.59 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB HYBRID Video Card (2-Way SLI) £639.59 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Power Supply EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £99.99 @ Amazon UK
Optical Drive Pioneer BDC-207DBK Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer £34.13 @ CCL Computers
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit) £73.19 @ Aria PC
Other Nvidia SLI adapter flexible bridge £12.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £2154.95
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-21 22:28 BST+0100

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

If you think the 630 is to big... take a look at the 530, its a little smaller, but should still fit a 280mm AIO at the front panel. It will cost you some drive space, but they have rails so you can pull some of the drive cages out.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

the Phantom 530 won't fit a 280 in the front.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes it will, if it will not reach to the front panel, it can still fit in the pivot mount. See the Hardocp review of the case.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

saw that review ages back. you can mount a rad on the pivot mount, but there goes the ability to fit any gpu longer than 9.5 inches. the 980ti are all 10.5 inches+.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Good catch! Just to ask since the OP has already said he don't like the side panel (can't say I blame him on that one). How did you determine that the 2x140mm mounts on the front panel would be un-suitable for the cooler?

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Vertical space. In the phantom 530 there is about 285- 290mm of space between the floor of the case and the dvd drive bay. That is perfect for most 240 rads as those range from 275mm to 282mm generally. The kraken x61 is among the smallest of 280 rads and it is 312.5 mm long. It wont even fit in the front under the optical bays.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks romanvalkre, but i just dont like the side panel.

[comment deleted]
  • 51 months ago
  • 2 points

cursed_boi_thirteen, the setup you want to do is not exactly the best. you'd be crossing the tube (don't cross the streams like in ghostbusters lol) with the cpu cooler's going down and the gpu's two pairs of tubes going up. that's like swimming against the tide. I suggest firstly getting the phanteks enthoo pro case. it's got similar features as the P530, but it's got more usb ports, better cable management, is cheaper, has better build quality and the frame is a bit bigger. secondly, I recommend mounting the rad on your bottom gpu in the front of the case in the lower position as an intake. you'll have to remove a hard drive cage and swap the included 200mm fan for a pair of 120's (2x120 or 140mm fans is the optimal choice for front intake anyway). the top gpu's rad can be mounted on the rear as an exhaust or even in the front position I mentioned before, moving the bottom card's rad to a bottom intake. you can still do intake on your X61 in the top of the case, but the difference with intake/exhaust setups on these rads is minimal, if it'll exist at all. here's a build with two EVGA hybrids and the X61 in the enthoo luxe, a similar case to the pro: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/fdVYcf

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks pureblackfire, that setup does look a lot cleaner and better than what i had planned. i know you said the difference is minimal but i was advised to had my gpu rad as exhaust. could mount the two gpu rads in the front as exhaust and use the bottom for intake fans, while i mount thr x61 in the top?

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

I wouldn't exhaust out of the front. you'd have to use the top and/or rear as intakes too if you do. whatever you do, stick to front/bottom intake and top/rear exhaust. if you wanna do it as you originally intended go for it (though you'd need a case that can hold a 280 rad in front like say the 730T/750D/760T). the tubing is just going to be messy.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

ok pureblackfire, i was reading some stuff online just now. it suggest having my rads as intake. would that be correct? if yes then my top cpu rad and my front gpu cooler would be for intake and my rear and bottom fans for exhaust. could that work, or would it raise the temps in the case? the reason i wanted the bottom as intake was to help give air to gpu fans. please help.

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

make the front and bottom intakes. you can do all intakes and only use the rear for exhaust if you want. that would work fine too.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

thankyou for your input pureblackfire

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube