add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best Air Cooler for overclocking???

royalba94

52 months ago

I am curious what the best air cooler is for overclocking. I was looking at the cooler master v8 gts or the cryorig r1 ultimate. which is better? I'm leaning towards the cooler master because of the HVC, looks and price but dunno if it would be good for my situation.

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 3 points

I was looking at the cooler master v8 gts or the cryorig r1 ultimate. which is better?

the cryorig is much better...

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I try, but only sometimes though.

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

Looks can be decieving when it comes to coolers but it sure does live up to it's name because it sounds like a v8! The Cryorig R1 is much better like pegotico said. They also sell custom mod covers in a variety of colors for the R1, if you're going for a color scheme build. There is other options as well such as Phanteks and Noctua who offer great cooling Phanteks offers both looks and cooling while Noctua offers only greater near silent cooling than Phanteks, but I don't believe it's by much. If Noctua offered a variety of colors or even just black or white it sway more people towards them. I am currently looking at these coolers they're from neither Phanteks or Noctua but seem like they offer great cooling and low noise volumes so here they are 1. Lepa Black CPU Cooler and 2. Xigmatek Dark Knight.

Here's a list of the Noctua coolers

Here's a list of the Phanteks coolers

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

Looks can be decieving when it comes to coolers but it sure does live up to it's name because it sounds like a v8!

that was really funny!! :)

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

the V8 GTS sucks. Alot. Many coolers in that price range beat it. The Cryorig R1 Ultimate is the best performing air cooler that I know of right now.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like the R1 wins hands down. Thanks!

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

As an Owner of the Cooler Master V8 GTS I can verify that it keeps things cool.

BUT, it is a challenge to Install, and for the Money there are much better alternatives..

Cryorig, Phanteks, and Noctua all have Very Nice Air Coolers.

Reason for my V8 GTS was Purely cosmetic..

Hope this Helps !!

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Go for cryorig dont even think about cm

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube