add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

compatibility problems

pepoxx

51 months ago

im looking to build a new pc and i wanted something original/kinda crazy then i found this picture

http://www.swiftech.org/images/products/detail/MCR140-X-INSTALLEDX800.jpg

and i thought ''hey! let's grab that idea'' but i wanted it in a mitx case (the evolv mitx) but when i put the h240x and the h140x it gave me an compatibility error why? in the itx version (the evolv itx) it says that it's fine and after looking in the phanteks page i found the the matx version supports a 140 mm rad in the back and a 280mm rad on top so why the system builder gave me that error

and another topic (i know this is the case section but i didn't want to start another thread just for that)

why the 5960x isn't compatible with 128 gb kits? (16 gb ddr4) if the mayority ot the boards with a bios update can handle them, even the boards that are listed that supports 128 gb ram are giving me that problem

thanks!

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 3 points

because the case is small. that pictire is in full tower with a taller roof, thus more clearance for the 280 to sit above the 140. not gonna happen in the evolv itx. 280 rads take up the whole top and I always recommend 240's in this case. you can see here the H110iGT barely fit and look at the rear fan mount. no possible way you'll get a 140 rad there with a 280 on top. there is more to compatibility than the specs on the product page. I'm actually shocked pcpp flagged that as they miss things like this on alot of other cases.

after looking in the phanteks page i found the the matx version supports a 140 mm rad in the back and a 280mm rad on top

you're asking why the evolv itx doesn't fit this rad config when you saw it is compatible on a completely different case? does this make any sense?

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

does this make any sense?

not really....

[comment deleted]
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

PureBlackFire explained it very well. It could also be due to radiator thickness, and that's probably what it is. I would also recommend a 240 in this case.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube