add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Peloraf
  • 57 months ago

Hey peoples,

In about a month I am going to come into a fair bit of money. It has always been a dream of mine to build my own PC. Not just any PC though, a top of the line PC. Unfortunately, my price range caps out at about 1500. I am hoping you guys can help me build something that is within that price range.

I plan on playing any and everything on this computer. streaming, video editing, program building, as well as using this computer as my day to day computer.

The real trick for it though, is where I will have to keep it. I live in Military Barracks and cannot leave it in the open. We have these large metal desks that we call secretary. If you type " metal secretary desk" into google it looks like the first picture in images, only taller. Thus I am worried about heat. The case has to allow for maximum airflow, as well as presenting the possibility to hook up the computer with more fans/water coolant system.

I have always had a sub-par machine. I really want to for once play a game with all of the settings on max and see it run smoothly, I want to be able to mod the games, and still not come close to what the computer can really do. I really want a machine that lets me explore how far I can push myself to explore with all forms of software and everything the cyber has to offer.

also I would like to have as many Ports to hook things up as possible. I live on my computers. As soon as I am done with work I am always on them. It would be nice if I could also hook everything else up to my Main computer as well (tv. phones, wireless mouse/keyboard, sounds, etc, etc.). Windows 7 operating system. Love windows 7. haven't heard enough about 10 yet.... -.-

Please help me. :) also I would really like to know why you chose the parts you did. and more where you and how you learned about these parts and how I can get to where you people are at.

Thank you.

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi!!

I don't know if you have experience in building but I am here to help!

Unfortunately, my price range caps out at about 1500. I am hoping you guys can help me build something that is within that price range.

You sound sad :(. $1,500 bucks is a healthy budget my friend! I will be sure to give you the best possible parts for the money.

I really want to for once play a game with all of the settings on max and see it run smoothly, I want to be able to mod the games, and still not come close to what the computer can really do

I will make this happen for you my friend!

Windows 7 operating system. Love windows 7. haven't heard enough about 10 yet.... -.-

Windows 7 is great! So is 10! Be careful though if you decided you want windows 10 follow this guide

I would be glad to help you I just need you to answer these few questions:

Do you need mouse? Keyboard? Monitor? Any other peripherals?

EDIT: Do you want maximum performance or good airflow while still being fairly quiet?

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

sorry about the time it took me to respond. I am not including peripherals into the price. So no. I really just want the best computer I can get. :D

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

tough question.... Ill let you decide on that. The noise of a computer doesn't bother me (actually kinda soothing in my opinion) as long as the noise is not a racket or grinding, Im good.

EDIT: cooling>performance>noise

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $369.90 @ B&H
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $27.99 @ NCIX US
Motherboard Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $159.89 @ OutletPC
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $99.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card $499.99 @ Amazon
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case $99.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $77.99 @ Mac Mall
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $16.45 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit) $89.99 @ NCIX US
Case Fan Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan $19.89 @ OutletPC
Case Fan Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan $19.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1531.85
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-24 20:01 EDT-0400

This is what I came up with. Went with a skylake build to give you the newest technology and less heat output. It's a little over. Hope that's OK.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Perfectly fine. and Thank you so so much. my I ask why you chose the part you did? I love to learn about this. also it gives me some where to start my research into all of this. :D

thank you again

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I would not suggest this build at all because Skylake offers only about a 10% performance increase and it's not worth it IMO

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

would you mind going into more detail?

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's my suggestion: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yp9dhM

I hope you won't kill me because I didn't include an SSD :P

i5 4690k

The best gaming CPU's for the money

H100iGTX

While at times it can be noisy it is a fully liquid cooler. It's a great cooler I actually have a friend who owns one and it seems to give him very low temps and easy OC capability.

MSI Mobo and GPU

My friends and I all own MSI mobos. I love them I think they look awesome. They also have very easy to use bios and a bunch of features you should enjoy greatly.

My friend owns a MSI GTX 970. Best card with the Twin Frozr cooler this will keep your card cool all the time :P

Kingston 16GB of RAM

16 gigs why not!? You can fit it in your budget and so why not? This RAM while being quite inexpensive preforms very good.

WD Black

You may just think this HDD is equal to a WD Blue @ $50. The truth is it is not! It is actually a very high performance HDD. I myself own one and it's literally the best HDD you can get!

Corsair Air 540

Do I really need to explain with this case? The title says it all XD

EVGA PSU

EVGA makes great PSU's my friend owns this one exactly. It's a very high quality PSU and will offer great room to upgrade CPU or GPU in the future!

Corsair Fans

These fans should replace the 3 that come with the case. These fans offer amazing air flow while still being quite quiet at 24 dbA.

If you have any questions or need some tips I'm here :P

Sorry if I didn't explain some things right haha I'm in a rush :)

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you. I really appreciate it. I cant wait till next month when i order all of these pieces :D

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

would i later be able to install an SSD as well?

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, of course.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi bro, I think 1500$ is a really really good budget, I'll try to help you but don't take it too deeply because I'm still new too :) http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pzM7NG

But I were you I wouldn't buy windows 7 cause i had a copy of win 8 in my usb, and jist need to buy another cd key

:) take it as an advice ok

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey thank you for you input :D I really aprreciate it

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem bro :) I suggest you see more preference and not sticking on one, you could check some other people build in the build guide or the completed build but still don't stick to one do more research, there are some build in Youtube too and many tech youtuber is giving you explanation about why what and how :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube