add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help on my decision - Obsidian 550D vs 750D

Raz0r

51 months ago

Dear Community

I need help on deciding what Case I should get. Now I finally decided that I'd either get the 550D or the 750D case.

What I want is mostly a silent case. On top of that I need a CD drive and still an additional slot free. For now I'm going with a GTX 980 Ti and I would like to add a second one in future, so it needs enough space.

So which of the 2 cases would you recommend?

Thanks for any help.

• Raz

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

the 750D airflow or something else not from Corsair. the 550D is just a 500R with a different exterior. it is a bad idea to put two hot gpus in most "silent" mid towers, this one not being one of the better ones for airflow and heat removal. if you want a silent case go for one that does noise cancelling, flexibility and cooling right, like the Define R5.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

350d or 450d

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

What I want is mostly a silent case.

as pureblackfire recommended go with the R5

the define R5 is probably the best silent case as of right now...

nice video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRZIdbdcIiU

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

You really don't need a case as huge as those 2 cases for cooling 1 or 2 graphic cards on air. Even a smaller 450D is still big for your planned set up. You're not doing DIY water cooling on this build so there are no radiators, pumps & extra cooling fans to worry of that would really occupy a lot of space & create some noise. But if you really want what's best between the two then I'll go with 750. The 550D's multiple 5" drive bays is what's killing it for me. It leaves no room for additional radiator space in case you're planning on getting an extra hybrid water cooler for your video cards or even doing DIY water cooling in the future. The 750D is a silent case plus it already comes with a high airflow intake front cover (add on for other Obsidian cases) so there's no need to open the front cover like what you're going to do in 550D or Define R5 if you want extra air in. Also in choosing a case that is silent you have other factors to consider too, primarily the fan speed. Any fans higher than 1500 rpm is going to create some noise even if it's branded as silent.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for all the help, in the end I decided to go with the Fractal Design R5, even though I don't like the placement of the Front Connectors & the look of the CD Drive... :p

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube