add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$800 - $1000 Gaminig PC

aquamangfx
  • 56 months ago

Budget: $800 -$1000 Location: USA

Use (Gaming, Rendering, etc): Gaming, general work such as office.

Peripherals required (monitor, keyboard/mouse, etc): all monitor keyboard and mouse, i dont need anything highend for the keyboard and mouse

Operating System required: I have a copy of 64bit win7 so (none)

I'm posting here because i want the best bang for my buck, i want intel as i will upgrade down the road, also want the ability to overclock and if liquid cooling is available i would prefer but its not necessary. I would prefer not going with NVIDIA card but will consider if you can show me its the best, also you can list other things for the build that you would recommend cause i will be upgrading it down the road, such as SSD, or other options that arent essential to the build as of now but will make it better.

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $165.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $102.98 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $40.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $46.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card $309.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case $64.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.99 @ Newegg
Monitor Acer H226HQLbid 60Hz 21.5" Monitor $109.99 @ Newegg
Keyboard Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $26.99 @ NCIX US
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $983.59
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-26 00:57 EDT-0400
this should be good if you have any questions ask me :)
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I would get the Fractal Define S instead, it's about the same price. Also that SSD, it's a little rough, get the slightly more expensive, but still quite cheap Samsung 850 EVO 120GB instead.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok im curious as to the heat that the gpu will output, i hear it will turn my room into a sauna from friends because of the power consumption, i was also worried about overclocking as heat will rise with the performance and i dont want to ruin my card.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah the 390 is quite hot compared to its competitor the 970. But it performs better.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

390 nitro overclocked peaks at 72 degrees overclocked I jayztwocents video 5degrees cooler than the evga 970 ssc overclocked.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Get the sapphire 390 nitro it's cooler than the 970s

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

that's hard to justify for the price. I would like those type of materials but I would rather invest more in the GPU

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube