add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case measurement help

RogueRenegade

51 months ago

Hey all

Since you obviously can't see a case before ordering unless you have a parts store nearby (I don't)

What's the best way to measure case dimensions without seeing the case physically before an order

I'm using a ruler and measuring out a cube of air per se and imagining that though it's annoying because it doesn't seem accurate.

One of the cases I'm trying to "measure" is an enthoo pro, and some others are the midi r2 and other similar mid towers. Mainly doing it to see where on my desk it will go (either the partially enclosed side shelf or on a raised shelf on top)

Any assistance helps as I want to make the order tonight or in the morning if possible and then I can start the journey in getting all my parts:)

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

the enthoo pro is 21 inches tall, 21.65 inches long, and 9.25 inches wide.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I know, as judged by the dimensions here

I realize now how vague Io was lol. I mainly mean how can I model the case physically so I get an idea of how big it is before I order

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Can I ask what kind of set up your building? Maybe you don't need this monster of a case.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

This is my list as it stands now: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pRvB3C

I may likely just go ahead and get an i7 and 980, since I'm going part by part each paycheck starting with the case (sometimes multiple parts) and also may do another 2x4 RAM kit or change it entirely to two 2x8's.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Hence you're getting a 450D I assumed you're planning to upgrade later on with more video cards (dual SLI maybe). A 450D is still big for a single video card set up. You might probably get an 850 watts PSU so you'll have some extra power. For same price it's wise to get an m.2 ssd version of Samsung 850 EVO. This way you can get rid of extra clutter. For 50$ more I'll get an MSI Radeo R9 390X instead of MSI GeForce GTX 970.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I kinda just took a dive and got the 450D since it really has all I need for a first build and according to the dimensions is relatively small and comes with three fans.

Another question out of curiosity, since I ordered the 450D I was wondering if there was a way to accent it in a crimson/some shade of red or would I need to take it apart and manually do it via spray paint/plastidip or something?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube