add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Should I take a 530W or a 750W Powersupply?

Gervais31
  • 54 months ago

Hey there, I selected all the parts for my Gaming Pc, its gonna be a high-end pc (intel core i7, radeon r9 390 etc) and I was very surprised when I saw that its only about 510 Watts. Before I discovered this website I customised gaming Pc's on diffrent sites and the amount of watts was always between 600W and 800W. Why does this one only have 510W? Should I take a 530W Powersupply or should I take a 750W Powersupply? I want to make sure that I do the right decision...

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

There really isn't a power supply calculator that is 100% accurate.

Well it would depend on the quality of the power supply. You could run it off of a high quality 550w power supply. For me I would be more comfortable running it off of a 600w. If you plan on doing an xfire config later on, I would go with a 650w-750w. Do you have any specific power supplies you were looking at?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply I've choosen an I7 6700k processor, R9 390 graphics, a very good liquid cooler etc. I want to use it for gaming (The Witcher 3, AC Syndicate etc) and I plan to overclock that pc... so what do you think? should I coose a 600W power supply?

• 54 months ago
  • 3 points

get the 650G2 or get a good 850 watt for crossfire.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

^

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

okay thank you both!

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

my Pc has 503W and I have choosen a 750W psu now. what are the advantages of a psu with more Watts?

Is it unusual that my pc only has about 500W? I mean it has very good and high components...

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube