add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Good cooler for I7 6700K (overclocked if possible)

Gervais31

52 months ago

Hey there, what cooler would be good for the Intel Core i7 6700k? What cpu cooler would keep the cpu 'cool' even when its overclocked?

Regards

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 3 points

it really would help if you can give a budget...

around 35 bucks the cryorig H7

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cryorig-cpu-cooler-h7

around 50 bucks the phanteks

http://pcpartpicker.com/search/?cc=us&q=PH-TC12D

if you really want to go high overclocking this is a great cooler

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd14

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm ready to pay a little more...

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

you can get the noctua NH-D15 or NH-D15s. In that price range I would also consider a water cooler, either the cooler master nepton 240m or the kraken X61. Any cooler you are planning on buying (water or air), you should check with your computer case to see if it fits. Noctua site has a compatibility page for every cooler which includes every motherboard, so you can check if its compatible.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks a lot!

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

hmm.. water cooled... if a pipe breakes, your screwed.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Proper AIO CLCs when installed properly usually doo not leak (by usually, i mean fearing it would not be reasonable under the vast majority of situations).

And some companies have warranties for damaged PCs from accidental leaks.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

This thread is 9 months old... xD

• 44 months ago
  • 0 points

I believe as long as you buy a good AIO cooler that will not be a problem, as corsair for example has a policy that covers leak damage.

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

Depends on the airflow in the case and how far it's overclocked. I strongly suspect that even an entry-level air cooler like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Raijintek Themis, or Cryorig H7 will keep an i7-6700K cool so long as the case has good airflow, and you're willing to sacrifice that last 100 MHz of overclock, although I've seen plenty which go to 4.5 GHz on a decent air cooler.

High-end all-in-one (AIO) water coolers, which usually run ~$100, will generally keep things a bit cooler than even a good air cooler, and are probably desirable for very small cases and ultraquiet rigs. Low-end AIO coolers are just straight up not worth it, being beaten by cheaper air coolers. If you're trying to get that last little bit of overclock, those are generally your best bet, though that has to be balanced against upgrading other parts of your computer. There are also custom watercooling loops, but this is sort of a "if you had to ask, it's probably not for you" affair, as they're complicated, require maintenance, and are in my mind only worth it for cases with extraordinarily high heat generation for their size.

If you're not overclocking, the stock cooler (a warning: the i5-6600K and i7-6700K do not come with stock coolers) should be sufficient in anything save really cramped cases.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Does the Nzxt Phantom 530 have a good airflow? its a full tower...

So I better get a AIO water cooler? what do you suggest?

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't have all that much experience, but I'd do some research on your case.

And unless you really need that last 100 MHz, my recommendation is to get an H7 or Phanteks, and use the money you saved to get a better GPU or monitor, because for gaming (which is probably why you're getting this), GPU > CPU.

Sure, you may be willing to spend a bit more, but you want to spend that a little bit more wisely.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I already have a very nice monitor and the GPU is able to run all games on ultra :D

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Anything with a high RPM cools faster but louder sound depending on case.

• 43 months ago
  • 0 points

The H100i is an awesome AIO cooler from Corsair. There's a guy that did a great video showcasing its performance in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNEuSRc6xt8

It's gunna run you about $110 dollars, but in my opinion, it's more than worth it to keep that OC 6700k cool

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

9 months ago

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube