add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Good watercooling super towers.

hdiraddo

51 months ago

I am building a computer that will be hardline water cooled within months of being built and i want opinions on cases that hold large radiators (at least 2 ) My build colors are black and yellow so a black case or a gunmetal case is my first option. i want it under $300 (so no caselabs :[ ) and i am using an atx board and have a large gpu and want a 250mL res. Any good suggestions would be appreciated so far i have the enthoo primo in black for $204.99 but any other cases will be taken into consideration (exept the Fractal design define S)

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

The Phantek Primo as a ton of room in it.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

here is a hard question, 900d vs enthoo primo knowing that in the primo i would choose 2 480s or in the 900d a 480 and a 36o. i like the 900d but idk if its worth the extra $100

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't say its worth it unless you are in it for looks, I was considering getting the Primo or 900D, I didn't get neither, and the Primo has a crap load of features, about the same amount, if not more for $100 less

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

hmm looks are big on me. i wanted a caselabs but cant afford it :(

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

no, size is bigger, but rad support is almost identical. build quality is also worse and it has more bits inside that can break and become annoying (thin clips for the side panels etc.). also, it has no dedicated SSD holders :p. for your build the 900D bebefits you none. now if you needed to use two 480 rads and keep 6 hard drive bays it would be your only option.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

besides the Primo you may want to look at thermaltake's core X9.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

i liked that but i dont like the non standered layout

• 51 months ago
  • 0 points

450D or the HAF Stacker 935. You can do mega refrigerator build on Stacker with multiple 915F or 915R. One stacker alone can support (2) 360 mm radiators. Sky's the limit on Stackers.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

i looked up the half stackers but idk about using petg tubing in them because it would be akward. i want to go 900d but feel the price is not justified except the side mounted 480 rad

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I think you could use rigid tubes in it as the picture below shows.

http://i.imgur.com/fwWNoeN.jpg

Howabout the Thermaltake Urban T81? It can fit (2) large 420 mm rads both top & front. There are some cases out there like the large CM Cosmos line of cases or even the older HAF X that will fit large radiators but you have to do some modding . I don't think your going in that route. For me the best I think is still the 900D cuz you don't need to cut it to fit what you need to put in.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

yes i like the urban t81 but the other 2 cases give the build a more clean look with hidden psu (for the most part on 900d) and more room for long runs of tubing like this pc https://gyazo.com/b77a69b1d69287b314ce6f44703bfea3 i am purposly not putting many fittings because i want to see the coolant alot like the build above

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

It's actually a very messy loop. There's a lot better out there using rigid tubes. If you wanna make it clean, kept those acrylic tubes short. DIY PSU shroud is not really that hard to do.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/89468-simple-psu-cover-shroud-how-to/

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

hmm ill think about it

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3xYkQ7 and after a year water cool it all

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

have you bought this stuff already? if not, I suggest going with the 1200P2 psu instead as the 1300G2 is loud as heck when idle.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

how bad is it?

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

it's pretty bad. a guy in the OCN evga psu owners thread said it's louder than all 20 fans in his SMA8 by far. I even told him what I'm telling you and he ignored it because he got the 1300G2 with a $40 coupon or something. now he's rma'd it because of the idle fan noise and if the replacement is loud he'll ask for a refund and get a 1200P2. I prefer to advise people to skip the song and dance and go straight to a happy place :). the 1000G2 and 1300G2 have no eco fan mode.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

well do u think 1050 w is good enough for my build?

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube