add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

XFX 550W Bronze PSU - PCI E Connectors?

Bahamut5098
  • 55 months ago

The PSU I've listed above states it has at least 2 PCI-E connectors. I only see one labeled PCI-E connector with other various connections similar to it, like 8-pin and 6-pin connectors, but they are unlabeled?

Should I go with the only other 6-pin connector on this PSU? Most are unlabeled, so that's why I'm confused.

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

The pcie cables have one end, at least, that splits into a 6x2. That is the end that you use for the gpu.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I see that one. It is labeled PCI-E. But the other 6-pin connector is unlabeled.

I have a Radeon R9 380 that requires two cables to be plugged in for power.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

the other 6-pin is a pci-e connector. the only one that requires a label is the 8-pin as it can be mistaken for a EPS 8-pin for the cpu (and some psus designed sloppily like rosewill photon and thermaltake smart let you plug in modular pci-e and cpu power cables into the same connectors on the psu that aren't even electrically compatible). don't think too hard on it. plug two 6-pin connectors into your gpu and be done with it.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Final question: So it's okay to plug in the 6+2 connector and the 6-pin connector into the same GPU to power it? Thanks.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

yes, of course. that's what they're there for.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube