add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
vipergta
  • 56 months ago

Hello all. I was curious what kind of build i should get. I want a pc for gaming. i love to play fps games as well as alot of 3d type games. if someone could give me pointers and tips for this begginer

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Systems > Create A Part List For Me".

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Need a budget. Also tell me if you need a keyboard, mouse, monitor, OS, Wifi card (thats if you dont have ethernet) etc. Also a favorite color :)

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Really you just fit the computer to the budget as much as possible. The more you spend the prettier and neater stuff gets. Budgets for an extreme bare bones system start at about $400(USD). They might include mail in rebates and some questionable component choices. You can get a solid gaming system starting in the $800 range. Maybe less if the part selector gets creative. That is generally computer only, no peripherals.

The standard monitor resolution right now is 1080p. It is moving steadily toward 1440p or 2k. High end systems ($2k+) may be running 4k monitors. The resolution you choose determines your budget. Lowest you can go (realistically) is 720p. Wouldn't take much hardware to push that at high settings with decent fps. It is soooo 2005 though :).

Read the posting guidelines, provide as much info as possible about specific gaming titles and resolution you want to target, and the helpers around here will provide guidance to get you there!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube