add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Beginner Counter Strike GO PC Build

tannerday
  • 56 months ago

Hey everyone, first of all just want to thank you for spending your time to come out and comment/build this project.

What I am looking for: PC to run Counter Strike GO on high fps even with lower settings. I am not picky but still want something decent. Not to big on looks or anything like that, I am very opened minded toward better performance for better look. Budget: $300-500

I found a build I thought was decent a while back and wanted to share the few things I might like different and get some feedback overall.

Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/phLkcf

Main differences I would like to change would be:

1. It is outdated and maybe now days there are better/cheaper parts for what I am trying to accomplish.

2. I would like to go solid state hard drive

3. Maybe a newer nicer video card to help with the fps in CS: GO.

Any tips or builds would be greatly appreciated :) Cant thank you all enough for the sharing and love you bring. Cheers.

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

CS:GO is a super simple game to run, the integrated GPU in the APU should do just fine. Because this build has an APU, fast RAM is a must to get the best performance. The 250 Gb 850 evo is the sweet spot in pricing, as it is only $20 more than the 120Gb version. The power supply may seem expensive, but it is very important to have a high quality power supply, plus it gives you room to expand in the future. Because you would be using the CPU and GPU on the same die, cooling of that die is important in order to keep performance up; the Hyper 212 Evo is pretty much the most recommended cheap air cooler on the market. The case is ehh, but seems to have decent cable management options and it has USB 3.0.

This build is definitely an entry level option, but it also gives you room to expand in the future, with a high quality PSU and MoBO. If you could find 30 more dollars to spend, I would recommend getting some nice case fans to improve cooling, such as these: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-fan-co9050002ww

Comment if you have any questions or concerns :)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD A10-7870K 3.9GHz Quad-Core Processor $141.98 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $30.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Asus A88XM-A Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $68.97 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory $46.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $89.99 @ Newegg
Case Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case $33.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $83.39 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $496.30
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-30 15:48 EDT-0400
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with every single part here. Nice selection especially the PSU :)

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you :)

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I like NYSOCHUM build's suggestions, but with DaeRana's suggestion of a 120 GB SSD and with the lower costing PSU, would this build be compatible and if you can show it with the costs of each item please?

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

In my opinion the difference between the builds is this.

If you want to play csgo and less demanding titles and that's it, nysochum's build is better.

If you want to play csgo and easily upgrade to accommodate more demanding titles in the future go with my build.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Video card in there? Thanks so much for the fast response. Pretty noob to this and just don't see where the video card or price of it is.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Video card is on board, I see. Would this run CS: GO at max settings with atleast 60 FPS? Not looking for the crazy 150+ FPS but just something that will play it smooth with no problems.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

most likely, CS:GO is super easy to run at reasonable resolutions...

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Here this should be perfect.

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor $63.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler RAIJINTEK AIDOS BLACK 48.6 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $19.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $82.98 @ Newegg
Memory Team Elite Plus 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $35.99 @ Newegg
Storage Silicon Power S60 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $70.98 @ Newegg
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card $116.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $29.99 @ Newegg
Total (before mail-in rebates) $484.90
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $454.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-30 16:23 EDT-0400
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Also Not sure if I need 250G solid state. Seems like I only need OS and CS GO and basic internet browsing things. May be a way to drop price down a little bit with a lower amount of one of those.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor $63.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler RAIJINTEK AIDOS BLACK 48.6 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $19.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $82.98 @ Newegg
Memory Team Elite Plus 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $35.99 @ Newegg
Storage Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card $116.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $29.99 @ Newegg
Total (before mail-in rebates) $458.81
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $428.81
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-30 16:29 EDT-0400
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I like this price a little better, compared the gentleman that posted the first one what are the real major differences besides the size of storage? These both look great but trying to be specific on what will be better for me.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Obviously having a graphics card will be a big improvement I know you said you didn't need super high fps but this is a nice thing to have.

The upgradeablitliy is great with Intel so if in the future you want say an i5 if you start playing more demanding games all you have to do is change the cpu to a 4960k instead of having to change the motherboard as well.

The cooler has performance on par with the 212 Evo but is much smaller I think its a 92mm fan.

Also if you want to save money you could get a lower clocked 750ti.

Edit: Especially if you use mail in rebates.

Type Item Price
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card $89.99 @ Newegg
Total (before mail-in rebates) $109.99
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $89.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-30 16:49 EDT-0400
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Biggest money saver in this build is the low quality PSU. The SSD is also ehh. You would be surprised how quickly storage fills up. The CPU is a dual core, which is outdated.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I could go with the 250g for storage and it wouldnt be to much more cause that is a good point. What CPU would you prefer compared to the one shown that is not maybe so outdated and affordable?

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

the pentium will work great with csgo it's only on newer titles that it will start to struggle which is why I chose Intel as its relatively simple to upgrade the cpu if you ever decide to branch out to more demanding games.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

If you wanted to stick with the rest of the build, you could get a cheap i3 and drop the CPU cooler, such as the i3-4170

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes the psu is my mistake I got mixed up on which from evga are good and bad right now there is a 750w bronze b2 for $44 after rebate.

The ssd was made smaller by request. In my original build I had a 240gb on although personally I would prefer a 1tb drive before getting an ssd.

The cpu is perfect for csgo and so far that seems to be all the submitter needs. Once he/she moves onto more demanding titles they can upgrade the cpu without much difficulty at all.

Edit: Here is the link to the psu I mentioned.

Type Item Price
Power Supply EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $44.99 @ NCIX US
Total (before mail-in rebates) $74.99
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $44.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-30 17:08 EDT-0400
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I really like ASUS motherboards and having the faster memory from nsyochum's first suggestion. Can someone show me the cost of this build and tell me if it's compatible? Again, thank you guys so much for this help.

CPU AMD A10-7870K 3.9GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus A88XM-A Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard Memory G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory Storage Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Case Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case -
Power Supply EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Anyone?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube