add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fallout 4 cpu vs gpu?

CohrE014

52 months ago

I know the specs aren't out yet but based on current games would a better cpu or a better gpu be better for fallout 4 and do you have any suggestions for a gpu and cpu that's around 200 to 300 usd that should run it well?

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

They are using the same engine that was used for Skyrim so your best bet would to aim for maybe 1 or 2 models above the recommended specs for Skyrim. I can't see it being a hard game to run. The graphics are an improvement but by no means are they as spectacular as the transition was from Oblivion to Skyrim.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

The i5 will run it just fine. Like the Battlefront beta was recommended for an i7 skylake processor and I ran it flawlessly on max settings with my i5 4690K.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

They always overshoot them. I had a warning pop up the first time I played The Evil Within saying that my FX-6300 wouldn't be able to handle it, but I get 60FPS constantly.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Specs are now out, recommended specs are higher than I thought they would be. Recommend a I7 k processor I do believe

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Just seen the pc specs for fallout 4 and the minimum cpu is an i5-2300, amd phenom II x4 945 or something equivalent, could a current gen i3 (i3-4370) paired with an r9 380 (4 gig version) gpu could run fallout 4 or would I need to upgrade to an i5?

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

The CPU really wont affect it. the I3 4370 is a reasonable model and it will run the game fine. To my understanding.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok then, that's good to know that I don't have to upgrade and thanks for the reply it's much appreciated.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I've heard it'll be really CPU intensive, so I'd hold off on saying that it doesn't matter. You've got to remember that many games are optimized for console first, and then ported to PC. As we're in the eighth generation now, the hardware is much more powerful. As such, the effect trickles down to PC games. GTA V is an example.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

8 GB RAM game for minimum

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

CPU bethesdas open world games have always been CPU heavy you could probably get like a minimum of a 960 for grafixs

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Still, I'm getting a 750Ti for my fallout 4 build, and i'm wondering on processor. I'm looking for a cheap one (i3-4160 / Anthlon X4) Advice?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

How would an i7 930 paired with a 970/980 fare with FO4?

• 50 months ago
  • 2 points

I guarantee youll run it very well, that builds kinda overkill even

[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Bolth

[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

It seems it'll be heavily CPU intensive and not too graphically demanding, from what I've heard. So I'd agree.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube