add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fractal R4 Fan Controllers, Speed and Airflow

dns637

50 months ago

Is it ideal to have all fans running at the same RPM or in this case since it came w/ a fan controller they're all running at 5V? I have 2x 140mm intake and 1x 140mm exhaust.

I was thinking of plugging my 140mm exhaust fan onto the MB so I can control the RPM and lowering it down.

Please advise.

Thanks

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm currently running my 230t case fans (2 intake one exhaust) on one header with a 1 fan pin to 3 fan pins adapter. The temps are fine and the only reason i'm running them like this is that i got the case coming from a mini-itx build with only 1 cpu fan and 1 case fan plugs. The temps are fine with it setup this way so i would say go ahead i've had not heat problems. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube