add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window =sturdy?=

mcconnelle618

76 months ago

Two questions about case.

1. I was watching a pcpartpicker youtube video involving the case. When Ryan was tightening the radiator to the top of the case there appeared to be a lot of flex. I'm concerned that this might give it a cheap feel. Anyone actually get their hands on the case and can comment?

2. Can anyone confirm that a h100i will fit on the top with fans attached? The same video showed a VERY tight fit on a Swiftech H220.

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

There is a lot of flex in the case, I observed this when putting two fans on the top. However it's not a cheap quality case. The case is very nice and even with my fans on the top it's very quiet.

As far as the H100i fitting I'm not entirely sure I can give you a good idea on it as I've not worked with it. I'd assume it's going to be a bit tight.

Maybe check out for a video or something

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

here are a few builds that used the H100i successfully in the R4 case;

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/EeJ http://pcpartpicker.com/b/EJR

i would say it may be tight but will work.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I was not happy about the flex and it was one of my main complaints with the case. That being said, it is very sturdy and doesn't feel cheap by any means.

Additionally, the H100i is the same thickness as the H220 at 52mm. It is going to come down to the cooler on your mobo unfortunately.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

I have an R4. I honestly didn't notice too much flex in mine, but I also mounted the rad in the front of my case instead of the top. It's a really solid case; all metal except for the fan bay in the front, which also contains the front panel power button, etc. It's also really quiet; they stuffed it with sound dampening material to prevent fan whine and such from becoming too obnoxious.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Fun fact - I was able to mount my SSD in the 5.25" bays since the screw holes on the side lined up with the side screw holes on my SSD.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube