add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Spec 01 or haf 912

iceshade613

50 months ago

Tight budget gaming pc, trying to decide specifically between these 2 cases (I'm in canada)

Either save money and pay 55$ for the spec 01, ot spend about 30$ more, and get the haf 912. Which looks like it's was easier to build in.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

i wouldnt get either one, but between the 2, the Spec is my pick.

The spec looks better, mostly intenally. its a very straight forward layout as well. both look to have about the same amount of space in them with exception that i think the Haf drive bay is removable, and is the only benefit i see to it.... The Spec has a single usb3 up front and the haf has none. both have usb2... this alone means i wouldnt buy them as usb3 is just too essential for moving large files like videos to and from tablets/phones/thumb drives, etc... The spec has a single usb3 and looks better, so thats what i would choose... it costs less too, so theres a 3rd plus for it

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Interesting thanks. I saw the haf 912 in person yesterday at my friends house and loved it. But if the spec 01 is half decent I'd honestly rather spend less. I was going to get the nzxt s340, but I'm looking at it and I just don't see the air flow..

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh also any idea on if it's worth it to get the spec 02 or 03? This is my first self build, if like it to go well. My first few pcs I had built at shops, was always scared to try my self lol.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

yes, the spec 02 and 03 are worth the extra cost.... 2 usb3 each, and a better internal layout...

the nzxt s340 is far better than the others by the way. That thing is a steal for this price range, and you cant see the air flow because it tries to hide it in its looks, but its definitely there. I recomend this case over the rest.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

interesting.. i love the s340 at first but not so sure now, i just found a case that blew my mind, it looks amazing, the cooler master storm enforcer, like a 20$ step up from the haf 912 lol.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

storm enforcer is decent, but way over priced in my opinion... and not my flavor since i hate covered drive bays most of the time and dont see a cable opening above the cpu area, which at that price is almost a must for me. Nice front ports though, and its a CM, so decent construction. I hate the CM power supplies, but they have always made superb cases and cooling products.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Phantom 240 if you can afford, S340 if you can afford, the DeepCool Kendomen is my pick though.

EDIT: The cooler master storm enforcer is also pretty good. The Kendomen is cheaper though. Your pick.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Very interesting.. I've never even seen that brand or case before. Hm must watch reviews now. (The deep cool I mean lol)

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I know dont worry.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Spec 1. But if you can buy the Spec 2 then I'd buy that one instead.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube