add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What is popular?

Scotty0709

52 months ago

What would you say are the most current popular games people are playing on PC, in particular in the FPS/Team-based & space sim genres?

I'm pretty stuck atm with out of date games like Left 4 Dead 2 and the only interesting thing I can see on the horizon is Star Citizen but it's far off from being completed. I took a break from gaming for a few years and I don't have a clue what games are good now.

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Team Fortress 2 is a pretty popular Team based FPS. I love it.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Upcoming FPS games would be Black Ops 3 and Star Wars Battlefront. Also, League of Legends and Team Fortress 2 are really popular games. I'm excited for BO3, Star Wars, Fallout 4, Rainbow Six Siege, Halo 5 (xbox one), and some others coming out in 2016. Battlefield 4 came out in 2013 but it is WAY better than Battlefield Hardline which is the most recent game. Battlefield 4 was made by DICE and Hardline was made by Visceral.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

CS:GO all the way.

But you should also wait for Star Wars: Battlefront on November 17th. :DDDDDDDD

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Why? So he can be disappointed with another piece of **** from EA? :-P

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, it's one of the only EA games that I'm happy for. Other than the NFS series. (Up until recently that is...)

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

H1Z1
CS:GO
GTA V
Elite Dangerous
Insurgency Team Fortress 2
League of Legends
Smite

Based off what all my steam friends list play constantly

• 52 months ago
  • 0 points

FPS/Team based & popular... Whatever is the most recent Call of Duty and Battlefield games are. No idea what they would be right now, but they come out every year or so...

Yea, not a big fan of the genre, but I do know that much... And you didn't say "quality userbase" either... :P

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I'm not a massive fan of Cod & Battlefield to be honest. Team-based FPS can be fun but those two gaming series went too serious a long time ago. To me they're more for people who are on the top of their game and aren't much fun for everyone else.

What I enjoyed about Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 was that they had unique aspects, everyone was completely new to it at the same time and you didn't need to be the best FPS player in the world to enjoy it (as long as you didn't completely suck and understood the basis of team play).

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

star citizen comes out july-november 2016. im waiting on the new mass effect and dead island 2, not to excited about fallout 4, another lame 32 bit game.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube