add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Ro9
  • 56 months ago

Hi everyone,

my mother wants to get a new desktop PC, possibly something within the price range of 600 euros and that could possibly last for a good amount of years too. She doesn't really use it for gaming but she definetely wants atleast a SSD drive and a good CPU for anything else.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Suggested country? Ex. Germany, EDIT: Canada aint having EUR. WHAT THE DUCK HEAD. Anyway... Gonna do it outta Germany

OS or not?

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Here is the build I came up with. If you'd like because it's really under the budget, I could make the 4 RAM 8 RAM or speedier, and also, if you'd like I could get a better GPU for movies or something, or whatever she needs it for.

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZFQzD3

256GB SSD is just to ensure that she has enough for the (probably) OS, important files and working programs maybe? 2TB of HDD to ensure that she also has enough manual space to store stuff.

Now normally I'd make 2 computers if there isn't enough clearance if I need to add a monitor and OS or not, but now, i'm just leaving it here. Because otherways the CPU wouldn't be that good, there'd be either low HDD or no SSD at all.

• That squid made out of blocks hehehe
  • Ro9
  • submitter
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you all!

It's without OS and monitor, sorry for not having pointed that out.

We're in Italy but I guess it's no probs buying the parts form Germany anyway.

• Ro9
  • submitter
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Question, my mother seems to absolutely want an i5.

Is it possible to be within that 600 eur budget or close to it?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think so as (s)he just said a new desktop PC. :3

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Just post it including the OS and monitor, and without. So you're sure (s)he has something on it!

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome. By the way, if you're never sure, just do it like that ALL the time. A build without OS and Monitor, and one with them. In the one without you can also make it a bit better due to saving money.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube